Tuesday 23 November 2010

9.

COCOROSIE



Bianca "Coco" and Sierra "Rosie" Casady make up two halfs of CocoRosie, two independent sisters who express themselves completely freely and defy perceptions of gender, by dressing 'masculine' in their videos (below) and often painting moustaches on their faces.

The second video is a live song they did as a retaliation to akon's 'I wanna fuck you', in which his lyrics say
"I see you windin n grindin up on that pole,
I kno you see me lookin' at you and you already know, I wanna fuck you, you already know"
CocoRosie retaliate with
"You see me trying to smile up on this pole
But I'm just hiding the pain that's deep in my soul. You wanna fuck me, I already know, You wanna fuck me and toss me back on the floor"

giving their song from the perspective of the stripper rather than the perspective of the male in which the female stripper is a object of the male gaze and questioning sexualisation of women in popular r n b music.



Lemonade - CocoRosie



CocoRosie - You wanna f**k me (live)

No comments:

Post a Comment